Giving generously at First Baptist Church of Asheville empowers unique expressions of God’s way in the world. Each dollar given, every hour shared, becomes living grace. Through the work of a ministry council in a new program, such as FirstShine Learning center, or a staff member visiting at the hospital bedside of a member or friend, generosity unfolds as divine gift. These acts of mercy enrich our lives and call us into a deeper living of Via Karis, our own way of grace. This Rule of Life not only reminds us of how we live day-by-day, but also nurtures a well-lived life. As our church follows Jesus together, we realize the outcomes of this wise investment as we…
- Remember we are beloved children of God and share that hope with others
- Pray a Psalm daily and grow in our knowledge and living of the Scriptures\
- Break bread weekly with others and celebrate communion often
- Worship weekly with the Body of Christ
- Attend daily to the beauty of the world in one another and in our environment
This way of grace finds life in and through the generosity of members and friends of our church. In the following pages, you’ll see how financial gifts are used to support the ministry of our congregation. Each piece of the pie brings its own portrait of hands and feet busy about our gospel mission. The charts capture two views of how we spend resources. The first chart reflects a traditional view of the church budget line items. The pie chart that follows tells a rich story of the ways your gifts to this congregation support our partnership as followers of Jesus. Every dollar supports concrete ways in which our faith nurtures yet another opportunity to encounter the Beloved in one another and across our community.
- How can I complete my 2020 Generosity Plan?
- Share your plan at one of the upcoming breakfasts on September 8, 15, or 29
- Share your plan at a luncheon on September 15
- Go online at fbca.net and complete your Generosity Plan
- Share your plan in our service on Sunday, September 29