Via Karis Travel Liturgy
Via Karis Worship Liturgy for When You Are Away
Use this guide to worship when you are unable to worship in person with us
Call to Worship Read the Psalm of the week – click here
Hymn of Praise Choose a familiar hymn to sing
Opening Prayer Choose someone to offer a prayer welcoming God in your midst
Have a time of silence for the confession of sin, concluded by saying the Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen
Sharing Peace Greet each other with the words “Peace of Christ be with you”
If you are worshiping alone bless yourself with the words “may the peace of Christ be with me”
Scripture Read the scripture text of the week – here – or choose a Bible passage to read
Reflection Reflect on the scripture using the practice Lectio Divina (“sacred reading”).
- Read through the passage slowly.
- As you read through the passage a second time, choose a word or phrase that stands out to you.
- Read the passage again while considering what your word or phrase means, particularly to you and what is happening in your life.
- Read the passage a fourth time while thinking about what God is saying to you through this passage and how you will respond.
- Sit silently in the presence of God and see if there is anything else God is saying to you or that you need to say to God.
- Share any thoughts or questions with those with you or write them in a journal.
Prayers of the People Share prayer concerns or needs and offer this or a similar prayer to God
For those who are sick, pour out your healing power…
For those who are lonely, lead them to friendship and true community…
For those who are afraid, instill in them your courage…
For those who are traveling, we pray you would keep their going out and coming in…
Offertory Make an offering to God by sending your tithe to the church or choose a way you will serve the community
wherever you are
Doxology Sing the Doxology
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
God be in your head and in your understanding
God be in your eyes and in your discerning
God be in your mouth and in your speaking
God be in your heart and in your thinking
God be at your end and in your departing
Now and forevermore. Amen